Monday, December 2, 2013

ADVENTure 140 km Journey to Bethlehem

DAY 1, Dec 1

For Advent this year my church, Hope Fellowship, is challenging its members to do an ADVENTure, a Journey to Bethlehem.  Walk or run 6 k a day from Dec 1 - Dec 25, 140 km, the same distance Mary and Joseph walked from Nazareth to Bethlehem.
___________________________________
Here's what it said in the little booklet/devotional they gave us:

"On this Journey to Bethlehem, we hope to create time and space to ponder the wonders of God's love and to think about how we will ready ourselves for His coming.
Pray for open eyes as we look for the One who is Emmanuel, God-with-us, as we travel."

Prayer for the road:
Lord, please open my eyes to see You.
__________________________________

I am very excited about doing this but I already got to a late start.  It was my daughter's birthday
Dec 1 and I had planned on running after our family get together but it went too late and it didn't happen.  Oh well I'll just have to catch up with everyone over the week.

http://hopefellowship.ca/journeytobethlehem.php


No comments:

Post a Comment