Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 4

6.5 K

Booklet:

He shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

How many names do you have?  Do you have a nick-name?  What name of Jesus do you like best?

__________________________________________________________________

This morning when I went for a run it was still dark and as I took my first step I almost went flying.  There was a layer of ice on the sidewalks.  So I did a kind of shuffle/slide run.  Once in awhile I would hit a patch that wasn't icy and that would feel so good when my shoes would grip the ground.

Anyways.....I don't really have a nick-name.  My husband calls me Cyn that's about it.  When I was in grade school I did.  It was Sittler because I had a really bad home perm that looked like Darryl Sittler and I traded hockey cards with the boys.

Jesus has a lot of beautiful names.  I love the music from the Messiah where they list all his names.   But I still think my favourite is still just Jesus.  I love that song "Jesus What a Beautiful Name".  Sometimes when Im in the middle of a tough time I will just say his name out loud.  Jesus.  It immediately calms me.  It reminded me of when I was running on the ice and suddenly hit a patch with no ice.  My feet grip the ground.






No comments:

Post a Comment