Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 25

5K,  Travelled so far 140K

I made it!  

It was fitting that for my last 5K I went for a hike with my family.  I can't remember such a beautiful Christmas day!  First everything was covered in sparkling ice shining in the sun,  then it snowed big flakes and it looked even more beautiful!  We went for a hike in the woods and it was like a winter wonderland.

I felt very thankful for this beautiful day and that I had made it to Bethlehem.  I had wanted to run every day from start to finish but at least I stuck with it and made it.  I learned that I am less sore when I run a shorter distance everyday than if I run longer distances a few days a week. But more importantly I learned to take the time to stop in the middle of my busy life and thank God, listen to Him and just spend time with Him.

I'll always remember the Christmas that I ran to Bethlehem.

No comments:

Post a Comment