Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 17

6.5 K ,  Travelled so far - 102.5 

Booklet: Surely, he carried our sorrows.  Isaiah 53:4.

What makes you light-hearted?  What weighs you down.

_______________________________________________

Tonight I got home from work around 6:30 pm, then went Christmas grocery shopping and did some errands with my daughter.  By the time we got home it was 9:30 but I had my mind set on running and I was looking forward to it.  It was only - 6 which felt like a spring day compared to what it has been.  It was also snowing and it looked so beautiful outside.

What weighs me down is when I have too many things to do and I feel overwhelmed.  What makes me feel lighthearted is running and prayer.  I feel so happy and free when I'm running.  Fitting in these kilometres was starting to feel like it was weighing me down until I started letting go of my to-do list and just taking the time to live in the moment and enjoy my run and enjoy time with God.

I've noticed so many times that when I do what I feel God calling me to do He makes everything work out so I am able to do it.  I knew God wanted me to do this journey even though I usually feel overwhelmed at Christmas time.  This year somehow my Christmas shopping is done and I barely went to the mall!!??  I've let go of some things like letting my kids do some of the baking and cooking and wrapping.  My daughter convinced me to do an M&M pre cooked roast for Christmas!  Is that allowed??

I decided on my run tonight that in 2014 my theme is going to be lyrics from one of my favourite songs.  "You are my freedom, Jesus you're the reason".  When I focus on Jesus everything works out and I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment