Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day 13 & 14

Day 13 - 6 K, Day 14 - 10 K      Total so far: 82 K

Dec 13 - In the desert prepare a way for the Lord Isaiah 40:3.

Dec 14 - Here is my Servant,....a bruised reed He will not break, and a smouldering wick he will not snuff out.  Isaiah 42:3.

Have you ever traveled with someone who is in a hurry?  How did it make you feel?

___________________________________________________________

Friday night when I came home from work I had to go straight to the hairdresser's, then get groceries, then pick up my daughter and then do my kilometres yet.  It was dark outside and 12 below zero and I really just wanted to crash for the night.  I did get myself out the door but what got me going was the fact that I did my kilometres in the gym on the treadmill instead.  I convinced myself that I was so lucky to be nice and warm at the gym.  It felt really good to get my kilometres in.

Saturday morning I had some kilometres to catch up so I did 10 K outside.  It was minus 24 in the wind.  It felt good to be running outside but it was freezing! My legs and face were numb.  I was wearing 2 pants but I realized that I need different running pants for the really cold days.

I have travelled with people who are in a hurry and its not fun.  They are tense and irritable.  Sometimes we are in such a hurry to get somewhere but then don't enjoy the journey.  Thats what I'm trying to do with this running journey.  Im trying to not get obsessed about fitting my kilometres in and getting them over with but instead living in the moment and enjoying and appreciating my run.


No comments:

Post a Comment