Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 18

6.5 K, Travelled so far 109 K

Booklet:  He bore the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors.  Isaiah 53:12.

Have you ever been in trouble?  Who helped you out?  Would you ever help someone even if it meant you would get into trouble?

________________________________________________________

Last night my run was beautiful, peaceful and snowy.  This morning it was so busy with smoky cars, kids walking to school, construction and the sidewalks were thick with snow.  I had to lift my legs up higher to run and it was very tiring.  Not my best run.  I also forgot to read my booklet before running so I couldn't contemplate on it.

I have gotten into trouble before and it was probably my Dad who bailed me out.  One time I helped my husband (then my boyfriend) when he snuck into my tent on a highschool campout.  Boys were not allowed in the girl's tents.  The teacher came into our tent to inspect it and I hid my boyfriend in a sleeping bag and laid in front of him so the teacher couldn't see the big lump in my sleeping bag.

I think most people would help their loved ones even if it meant getting into trouble.  But what about a stranger?  Jesus bore the sins of many.  Im thankful for all the many times he's bailed me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment