Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 2

7 K
(One of my running routes is 6.5 K and then I walk to dog for .5)  K

Booklet: The people walking in darkness have seen a great light. Isaiah 9:2.

Mary and Joseph didn't have flashlights or LEDs or any of the modern conveniences for travel that we have.

What might they have used to see the way when it was getting dark?

_________________________________________________________________

I don't know what they would have used?  The sun, moon, stars?  In Christmas plays they use lanterns?

While I was pondering this I was noticing a lot of things that applied to light on my run.  First of all, my LED headlight was not working which was very frustrating.  I had street lights and car lights as back ups but Mary and Joseph wouldn't have that and I think it would be pretty scary and creepy.

Then I ran by this church that usually has a beautiful nativity scene in lights.  But tonight it wasn't turned on for some reason.  It looked very boring and dull without the lights.  Just a bunch of dark wires.  What a difference light makes.

Then when I came to the four corners to cross the street the light was green but the "little walking man sign" wouldn't come up.  This happens all the time and is also frustrating.  Either I just go anyway because its still green, and technically that means go or I wait a long time till it turns green again and the "walking man sign" comes up.  Well I was in a hurry so I chose to go for it but didn't feel totally safe.  (Hope my mom's not reading this).

I looked for a star to imagine following the Bethlehem star but couldn't find one single star in the sky.  Well what did I expect this is Oshawa not Bethlehem. When I ran in some darker areas I really wished my light was working but it was very still and quiet and felt quite peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment