Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 3

6.5 K

Booklet: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given.  Isaiah 9:6


What is so special about this baby?  Is He so different from other babies?

___________________________________________________________

My husband said to me this morning that since running 6K is not that hard for me I should put a pillow in my shirt to feel pregnant like Mary.  Well I don't need to do that to remember how it felt to walk a lot and be pregnant.  I remembered I waddled.  My hips felt like they were just floating around not connected to anything.  It was easy to imagine being pregnant this morning because my hips still felt stiff from running last night.

Besides feeling stiff it was a beautiful morning for a run, brisk and sunny.  I tried to imagine what kind of a baby Jesus would be and what it must have been like for Mary to be a virgin, carrying such a holy child, a child that was going to save the world!

I find that you can tell what a child's temperament will be already when they are a baby.  For example my children who turned out to be very strong willed were colicky as babies. So I think Jesus might have been a very compliant baby because he was such a peaceful person.

As a new mother you worry about dropping your baby.  I wonder how it must have been for Mary?  She had the added pressure if she dropped her baby she was dropping the Saviour of the world!!
Its too mind blowing!


No comments:

Post a Comment