Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 21

5K, Travelled so far 120 K

Booklet:

The Spirit of the Lord is on me because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.  Isaiah 61:1.

What's the best news you've heard today?

_______________________________________________________

The best news I heard today was that my son quit smoking!  I don't know if it was the beauty of the ice on the trees or the fact that he's been coughing so much or the neighbour with bad teeth who told him he quit 20 years ago but he announced that he was quitting for good and broke the remainder of his cigarettes.  That's good news!

We did hear some disappointing news though today.  My side of the family's Christmas get together was cancelled because of the impending ice storm.  I had gotten up early to fit in a 5K run at the gym, then church music practice and then we were going to go straight to my parents house for the get together.  But all the relatives that lived farther cancelled.  I guess the good news was that we still had a great get together with my parents and sister and my family.  We had lots of food, games and the rest of the family was home safe.  That was good news too.

No comments:

Post a Comment