Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 20

0 K, Travelled so far 115 K

Booklet:

The Lord will be your everlasting light and the days of your mourning will be ended.  
Isaiah 60:19.

What Christmas songs do you think of when you read this verse?

______________________________________________________

In my 15+ years running I have only turned back on a run 2 times.  Today makes it 3.  I was excited to run tonight.  It was mild and rainy which I love but it was freezing rain.  I slid down the driveway hoping the sidewalk was better but it wasn't.  In about 3 minutes I nearly went flying 5 times and got a total soaker crossing the street.  My feet were not gripping the ground at all.  I had no choice but to turn around.  I wonder how many times Mary wanted to turn around but she didn't have a choice.

This verse reminds me of Handel's Messiah maybe because of the word "everlasting".  I think the music of The Messiah is so beautiful it sometimes makes me cry.  "The days of your mourning will be ended" - that part of the verse makes me think of the people who are mourning and missing a loved one at Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment