Monday, March 23, 2009

Test Drive

I tried out my new bike this weekend. It was pretty cold and windy for bike riding but I had to try it out. It worked great and it seems to fit me well. Its a fast bike but I'm a bit of a chicken with speed. I'll have to work on that. I did my 10K running route. Its quite hilly which I thought would be good to check out the gears. The gears have a few glitches but nothing serious so far. Overall it works great. I thought it would be very uncomfortable with the racing handle bars but it wasnt. I dont like where the brakes are though. It kind of scares me that I wont be able to get to the brakes quick enough but Im hoping I will get used to it. When I was done the 10K my thighs felt like tree trunks. I'm going to need alot of practice to do 30K! Sheesh...thats what I said about the swimming. I'll just have to keep plugging away at it and hopefully see some progress in about a month.
Don and I also went to the Bike Shop on Saturday to look at triathlon suits and look at "Real" road bikes. It was fun looking at all the beautiful bikes. Well the cheapest road bike was $1000.00 but it was so beautiful! They are works of art. Maybe some day.... but we'll see how this first triathlon goes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment