Friday, March 13, 2009

Go Slash Go

I had a good workout last night (Thurs). Im starting to see some improvement. I am raising the weights by 5 lbs and when I finished my 1/2 hr run I felt like doing more. On my runs I start out with walking 2 min, then speed 5.5 for a few minutes, then up to 6.0 with a few songs (Aerosmith, Police) then to 6.5 with two songs that are awesome for running hard "We'll Be Together Tonight by Sting and Annie Lennox" (I LOVE that version) and "Slither" by Velvet Revolver. Then when Slash starts the lead break I do a fartlek at 7.6 till the end of the song. Then the rest of the half hour I run to The Holmes Brothers (gospel blues, very funky). Thats been my 1/2 hour treadmill routine for about a month or so now. I'll have to change it up in awhile but for now nothing makes me run faster than a lead break by Slash.

No comments:

Post a Comment