Friday, March 20, 2009

My New Bike

I'm so excited! Yesterday I was researching bikes online and I checked out Canadian Tire just to see what they had and they had a road bike on sale for half price! I read 18 reviews on it and it sounded pretty good. They all said it was a steal for that price. But they also said its not a "real" road bike. But anyways....I cant afford a "real" road bike. I hope its OK for the race. I'll have to see how it rides.
Last night on my way home from work I checked a Whitby location and it wasnt there and then I checked the Oshawa location. It was there but it was marked $299.99 so I went to the service counter and asked if it was on sale because it wasnt marked on sale. She checked and the computer said it was $149.00 and it was the last one left! So I bought it! I was very worried to tell Don because he is a bike expert. Maybe he'd laugh and say it was junk.
Don went to the store this morning to check it over and bring it home if he thought it was good for me. I just talked to him on the phone and he says some things about it are cheap but its a great deal for the money. So now I have a bike! One step closer to my goal! Its my early (May)birthday present.
Last night after going to Canadian Tire I went to do my workout. I was so excited about the bike that I had a great workout. The weights seemed lighter and I could run faster. My legs are sore today though from the leg squat machine. But its a good sore. I am going to use that machine more often because every time I use it my thighs and butt are sore. I do 100lbs on the leg press now too. 3 sets of 10. On the treadmill my average time for 1/2 hr was almost 6 so thats my highest so far. On my Slash fartlek I did 7.8 and felt like I could go faster but I didnt want to push it.
Hopefully it will be good weather this weekend so I can try my new bike out!

No comments:

Post a Comment