Friday, March 27, 2009

Plodding Along in the Rain

Last night was gym night but I didnt feel like going. I felt unusually tired. (Do I say that alot?) I decided to just go for a 6K run outside. It was nice and mild. But it was a discouraging run. I felt sooooo slow! I feel sooo much faster on the treadmill! I gave myself a pep talk and swore at myself but it didnt work. I couldnt even do my whole Slash fartlek. I was frustrated with myself so I just put on the funky "Holmes Brothers" blues band and plodded (is that a real word?) along the rest of the way. It started raining about half way but it felt good. When I got home I even just sat in the rain for awhile and had a pity party for myself. My injury (groin area) was also hurting which was worrying me. Maybe my legs just need a break. Oh well....a bad workout is better than no workout I always say. This weekend is supposed to be nice so hopefully I will get some biking in on "Holmes". Thats what I named my bike. My kids and Don think I am very silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment