Thursday, March 5, 2009

First Day of Training

I am marking yesterday as my first day of my triathlon training because it was the first day I finally got myself to go to lane swimming. For some reason I was afraid to go. I dont know why. Its scary doing something for the first time. Maybe Id bump into all the serious swimmers and they'd be pissed off and kick me out. Maybe they would all giggle at my bathing suit and glowing white skin.
Anyways...yesterday I decided that I was going to play hooky from motherhood. I decided that when I got home from work I would go to the gym and do my usual workout, then go to the shopping centre and have a whole wheat veggie/turkey sub and go to Chapters and have a white mocha and then head back to the gym and do lane swimming which started at nine. I almost convinced myself to skip the swimming but knew I would be so disappointed in myself if I didnt go and would feel so great if I did. Well I did it and it felt awesome! I was able to do about 30 lengths but only 2 lengths of front crawl in a row. But thats better than I thought I would do! I felt great and very relaxed when I got home. But sadly no one really noticed that I was gone all night. Don had just come home from work. No one running to the door when I got home saying...Where were you??!! Oh well...I had a great evening.....an evening all to myself to do whatever I wanted....but..... I missed my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment