Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tree Trunk Legs

I went for a bike ride Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon about 18K each time. They were great rides. Saturday morning we went down Thornton Rd which is busy for the first part but then goes into the country. Very hilly which is good practice. My fastest speed was 42 kph. Sunday we went to my brother-in-law's house in Pickering and rode along the lake on the bike path. It is a beautiful path. Beautiful scenery. Don is teaching me about gearing. He told me to put the gear to 1.1 and go up this really high bridge. It was really easy with that gear I couldnt believe it. I always keep it on the highest gears and stick with the top 5 gears. I have to get used to changing them more often and keep my rpms up. I am really enjoying biking and hopefully I will get faster. I had to work so hard to keep up with Don and Ed and they made it look so easy. But when we were finished I had that great feeling in my legs again....like they were tree trunks. Don and I always ask each other that after a ride....are you feeling tree trunks?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, bike on paths--I don't like the thought of you on roads. Glad you're excited about "tree trunk" legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is fun. I just noticed the comments. Tree trunks legs are better than cellulite legs....which is what I have...hopefully that will change. I will say the cellulite is just the bark on my tree trunks. tee hee

    ReplyDelete