Saturday, April 11, 2009

Serious Training

Serious training was supposed to start this week....but.... Monday I had a meeting, Tuesday I had my hair cut and highlighted and it looked so good I didnt want to wreck it at the gym. But the rest of the week I made up for it.

Wednesday night: I was trained by Priscilla Lopez Schliep the Olympic bronze medal hurdler. Well...I pretended I was listening to my music and eavesdropped her training someone else....but that still counts. Im 99.9% sure it was her. She has huge muscles! I wanted to say something to her but of course I chickened out. I had a good hard workout. She inspired me to run my fastest on the treadmill.

Thursday night: I had another great workout. This time for cardio I did 1/2 hr on the bike. My legs felt like tree trunks when I was done. I love that feeling!

Friday afternoon: I did my first brick training. Don and I biked for 20K and then jumped off the bikes and ran around the block. That was so hard! Your legs really do feel like bricks! I thought I did pretty good biking. My husband put a speedometer on my bike. My fastest time was 29 kph. But then Don burst my bubble and said we needed to work on my speed. Booo on him. After that I went inside and did weights. I took my frustration over Dons comment on the weights. So it was a great workout. My bike is feeling really good. I cant wait till the warmer weather. It was sunny but the wind was still really cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment