Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No Turning Back

I havent been on this blog for awhile. Just busy at work I guess. I have been keeping up with my training though. Although last week I was seriously considering not doing the triathlon. It was after swimming in the open water when I was camping. It was wavy and I swallowed water and starting choking and I couldnt breath for awhile. It was really scary. Also Don was doubting the the 33 K bike ride. I was angry with him for not supporting me but he is just worried for me. He says he doesnt want to sugar coat the truth.
This past weekend I was out to prove him wrong. Saturday morning I biked (by myself) 28 K and then immediately after ran 10 K. I dont even remember how long it took me because I was just so happy I did it. I think it was about 2 hours. He said he thinks I can do it now.
Then on Sunday Don and I went to see the Peterborough triathlon. It was so exciting! I loved everything about it! I could just watch it forever. We couldnt stay to watch the finish because we had to be somewhere but I learned alot! The transitions dont seem as scary now that I have watched it but the swimming is alot farther than I imagined! Don is really worried I am going to drown. It is very itimidating. I really need to practice! I went swimming last night and realized....I really need to practice! The breathing is very hard and when you are nervous and excited your breathing gets worse! Oh my. I will just keep at it and see how it goes. I am registered now so no turning back. Although $60 isnt that much to lose if I change my mind. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment