Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wetsuits Are Impossible to Get On!

I have alot to update since my last post.

Saturday morning I did brick training again. 28K bike & 10K run. Don went with me which was nice. His bike is broken so he took Esther's. What a trooper. He did great. He just cut the last kilometer off the end of the run.

Monday I did my usual bike ride and swam about 40 lengths.

Tuesday I reserved my wetsuit and went to try it on. What a joke trying to get that thing on. I was given two plastic bags to put on my feet and hands to help me put it on. I had a tiny tiny change room. It was so warm in the change room and I was sweating trying to put this thing on all the while giggling to myself how ridiculous I must look and was looking for a hidden camera. I didnt get it on all the way. I gave up because I was sweating too much. The young salesman said to just call him and he would help me zip it up but there was no way I was trying to get help while I had this thing half on. I went online to see if I could get any pointers for putting a wetsuit on but the u-tube clips showed others struggling just as much as me. I get the suit the Thursday before the race so I can try it out. It was only $35 to rent so that was pretty good.

Tueday I didnt do any training. I was so tired that I decided to lay down for an hour before I went swimming but I woke up 10:30...then I couldnt fall back to sleep so I read my book till 3:00 am. Now my sleeping is really going to be screwed up.

Wednesday: I ran 10K. I was going to go swimming at 8 but Esther is sooo bored at home I felt too guilty to go out again. I stayed home and played Rook with her and watched So You Think You can Dance. I went to bed a decent 10:30.

Tonight I have to be at an appointment from 7 - 8. So I cant get to swimming on time. I was hoping to do a bike ride as soon as I got home but its supposed to rain all day. Hopefully I can fit something in tonight. I dont know what yet. Also my gym membership has run out. Im trying to decide what to do about that. Oh...gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment