Friday, May 29, 2009

For The Love of Long Distance Running

It rained most of the day yesterday but I had my mind set that I was going to run 10K and I did. It only rained a little while I was out there but I was pretty wet when I got back...a mixture of rain and sweat. The trees were quite pretty though, very green and lush. It was actually very beautiful. I really miss long distance running which I realized when I did my birthday 10K run. Just having some alone time, being outside and thinking about things, praying and listening to my music. Just plodding along not worrying about how fast Im going. I am going to build up my running to 2 hours + so then at least I know I can do cardio for that long. Then if my injury does not flare up maybe I can do a half marathon in the fall. That would be cool. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. You make running sound so empowering :) A spiritual cleansing prayer that connects the body, mind and soul. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete