Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Swimming Surprise

I didnt get much training in this weekend. I had other commitments but Im going to have to start saying no to some things because I really dont have much time left.

I did get in a swim Saturday night and Don came with me. It made it so much funner. We raced each other. First just one lap and he beat me which really pissed me off because he has bad form and doesnt even put his head in the water. But then we raced 3 laps and I beat him. Still I cant believe how fast he can go with his crazy form. But he says its all in the upper body strength which he obviously has more than me....and likes to show me quite often.

Last night he ran 5K with me (he's on 3 weeks holidays) and said he would go swimming again with me at 9. But then the girls convinced him to go rollerbladding with them. I thought that was so cute but was really disappointed that I had to go by myself but then again I did have some incentive. I'd get to try out the one piece bathing suit and cap my sister Dory gave me. So I went to the gym and did weights for about 15 minutes and then went in the pool. I looked like a real swimmer with my one piece but chickened out with the cap. Im still not really to don the cap. Someday. I carried it to the pool with me at least.

I felt really good swimming, like I had a good groove going. I glide when I stretch my arms out so it is more relaxing. And I tried doing this thing my brother Ted told me. Make an S with your arm under water when your arm comes down. I was almost at 30 lengths and only about 15 minutes had gone by. Then all of a sudden someone banged into me....it was Don. He came to surprise me and give me moral support. Ok...I like him again. So that was fun but then it got really busy. We went in the sauna before we left and it felt great. When I got in bed I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. zzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

  1. Donn the cap you goofball...you'll glide like a torpedo! :)

    Way-to-go Don for joining your wife :) You're a good guy bro.

    ReplyDelete