Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Holiday Training

I was on holidays last week so my training got a bit screwed up but I did get some in. I did two almost 30K bike rides with Don. It was really great. Don says I am getting faster. I finally figured out how to do the hills. I try and stay on the highest gear as long as I can and then most of the hill is done instead of being on an easy gear and then the hill seems to last forever. My legs are getting quite strong. I love biking and going fast. We dont have to ride too far from our house to be in the country. On one ride a coyote all of a sudden came out of the bushes and crossed the road right in front of me. It was so cool!
I also did a 10K run and did some swimming (only 20 lengths) at the hotel we stayed at. But I really feel like I need to do some swimming and it feels like I havent done weights in ages. Its so hard to stay on top of all three sports. Just when you feel you are getting good at one sport one of the other one lags behind.
I also need to do some brick training. I was going to go for a run after my long bike rides but was too wiped out. Not a good sign. I went for just a 1K after one bike ride and my legs felt like bricks (hence the name brick training). I thought they would loosen up but they didnt. Im hoping to do alot of this camping which is coming up.
Last night I felt quite sick with a cold and a tension headache that I have had for a week!!! but I am feeling abit better today. I hope to do a 10K run when I get home tonight and then hit the gym later and do weights and swimming. Lets see if my good intentions actually happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment