Thursday, May 31, 2012

Running on my 50th Birthday

Every birthday I go for a birthday run and reflect on my life.  This year is special because I turned 50!  I still cant believe it!  I dont feel any different.  It freaks me out!  Anyways I had a great 10K run.  I stopped to smell all the lilacs that I passed.  My favourite flower.  I passed a park and thought about my children.  I got teary eyed as I thought about how thankful I am for them. I thought of all my 50 years lived  the ones I treasure most are my stay-at-home-mom days.  They werent easy days but they were wonderful days.  I felt to thankful for my husband who worked so hard so I could stay home with them.  And then when they were all in school and he worked 2 jobs so I could go back to school, which he would have loved to do himself. 

My 10K went so fast and easy and I felt so strong and healthy. I felt so thankful to the Lord that I can run and so thankful for my family.  The Lord willing I will be able to enjoy running for many more years.  Then I will enjoy running with Jesus where the streets have no name.

No comments:

Post a Comment