Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back on the Blog

I cant believe its been so long since Ive been on my blog. All that leading up to the triathlon and then I didnt write anything about it! I just procrastinated because there was so much to write but then I left it and didnt write anything! I was very disappointed in my triathlon results. I tried to convince myself that I was just happy to finish but I cant help but be disappointed. The swimming was alot harder than I thought it would be and I didnt train enough. But the highlight was that my mom surprised me and came to watch me. That was a special moment for me; also my sister was a big supporter and knowing that my mom, sister, hubby and my girls were on the shore cheering me on forced me to finish the swim even though I thought of quitting many times.

I will write more about the triathlon later but I just wanted to start writing on my blog again because it helps me train. Im not sure what I am training for right now but I want to get back into running longer distances again and see if my injury can take it. I was going to train for the 30K Around the Bay but thats in March already. I think I will start with the 25 K Riverbank Run in Michigan but its not till May. I would like to find something sooner. Im not quite sure yet but I think I want to do another triathlon simply because I feel like I havent conquered it. Also Tosca Reno (my fitness/eat clean guru) is doing one this summer. But its so hard training for 3 sports. Maybe I will just to a dualathon? Im not sure. I just know I am trying to build up my distance.

December is always a crappy exercise/diet month for me. I cant seem to exercise AND get Christmas shopping done. So I dont beat myself up about it. Also I usually gain about 8-10 lbs from all the eating and sitting around. But I am back at it and wishing I didnt eat so much at Christmas. I went for a 6K run New Year's Day and was Very stiff! Wow I couldnt believe it how fast I loose my fitness. Last night I went for a 6K run and it went abit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment